[nobe-l] student teaching and advice

Anita Adkins aadkins7 at verizon.net
Tue Apr 6 21:35:06 UTC 2010

Hi Faith,

I haven't done student teaching, but I have taught students while working as
a rehab teacher at Blind Industries and Services of MD.  Also, I have talked
to classes about blindness.  To answer one of your questions, instead of
asking students to raise their hand, I have them say their name.  I then
repeat their name, and then they ask the question.  This works well with
both blind and sighted students.  Anita