[nobe-l] Organizing group of Blind Academics

James Fetter jfetter at nd.edu
Fri May 21 22:28:51 UTC 2010

Dear All,
I hope all of your semesters/school years have gone well. I am
interested in organizing a group of graduate students who are planning
to pursue academic careers and, if possible, professors or others with
academic experience for trading ideas and advice concerning publishing,
the job market, and all the other fun things that a career in the
academy entails. As for myself, I am near completion of my Ph.D. in
Political Science at Notre Dame and am in the process of going on the
market. I noticed that relatively few of the people attending the Blind
Educators meeting at convention had or were starting academic careers,
so if you are or were in academia and would be interested in being part
of a group that would discuss issues specific to our profession, please
get in touch. I will be attending the convention in Dallas, so I will
try to organize a get-together over drinks of all those who are interested.
All Best,
James

--
James Fetter