[nobe-l] tutoring online

cheryl fogle cfogle at unm.edu
Fri Dec 30 17:54:49 UTC 2011

I'd like to combine two recent threads for tutoring and teaching
online.  There's a website called tutor.com where interaction between
students and tutors occurs in real time online.  Has anyone applied for
freelance work at that site or used it as a student? The software they
advertize is called microsoft silverlight? and I think that is a web
plug in, but I'm not entirely sure of the technical requirements with
screen readers.

Expanding further, what are people's experiences generally with online
course management systems and screenreaders from the instructor roles?
When I taught classes on campus last year, I posted powerpoint
presentations for my lectures to WEBCT (now blackboard I think) and
ignored the rest of that platform.  I'm not sure if I'll apply for
online teaching positions in the future, but I see those jobs and don't
want to close off those options for employment.

Happy Holidays.

Cheryl