[nobe-l] interviews tips

Kathy Nimmer goldendolphin17 at hotmail.com
Sat Jul 30 13:09:42 UTC 2011

Faith,
  Matt was right on with suggestionss. I will say it is harder than ever to get a teaching job these days as so many cuts have pushed people back into the job hunt scene, joining people such as yourself who are in that scene for the first time following graduation. English in particular is very full of candidates. Math and special ed seem more available, but you will have a tough time, as many others will. Pretty cool actually that you have had what sounds like a number of interviews. That is quite the statement as to the quality of your credentials. Stay strong and positive and patient, as easy as that is for me to say from my place already holding a job! Smile! It will happen, when you present yourself as the best candidate to a principal who is perhaps a risk-taker or a thinker-outside-the-box. Since you can't know which principal that is, you just need to keep your part up in being as energetic, positive, creative, proactive, and prepared as you can be for each interview. Keep us posted.
Kathy Nimmer