[nobe-l] Introduction and questions

James Fetter jfetter at nd.edu
Wed May 18 23:31:44 UTC 2011

Dear Lucy,
Unfortunately, I am not in your field, but I am currently about done (I
hope!) with a Ph.D. in political theory at Notre Dame. In terms of
technology, I would highly recommend a fast scanner with either Kurzweil
1000 or Open Book, depending on your preference, and a Braille display.
I use the former a great deal for scanning books on an as-needed basis,
and the latter comes in extremely handy for teaching and following along
in the text during discussion in graduate seminars, which can force one
to jump all over the place in the text being discussed. Please feel free
to contact me at jfetter at nd.edu off list, if you have any further
questions about technology or graduate school in general. I'm happy to
help as much as I can. Congratulations on your graduation from Johns
Hopkins, and I hope your graduate studies go well.
All Best,
James