[nobe-l] Accessible ESL Websites

Chelsey Duranleau cduranleau88 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 27 18:40:46 UTC 2011

Hello everyone!

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this, but I thought I'd give
it a shot anyway. I'm working as a language and culture assistant in Spain
at a public school. As of now I work with small groups of students (3 or 4
at a time). Primarily I work with them on conversational English--
pronunciation, listening/comprehension and cultural activities. I'm
wondering if anyone could recommend ESL websites that they have found
accessible for Jaws users that possibly have a listening comprehension
focus, or if not any that you have found to have accessible materials. The
kids that I work with are at varying levels of English, but mainly beginner
/ intermediate. Since most of what I do has an oral focus, I've been
struggling to make what we do interesting... Sometimes I feel like I'm
boring them to tears! So if any of those websites have ideas of how to make
it more fun or interesting that would be a big plus.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Chelsey