[nobe-l] Braille letters

Kathy Nimmer goldendolphin17 at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 21 21:50:41 UTC 2012

Thanks to those who sent me your addresses for braille letters. This info is for you.
Terrific response to my request for braille responders! Thank you for sending me your address and willingness to respond to a braille letter written by one of my workshoppers. Here is some quick info.
1. The workshop is on Saturday, March 3, so no letter would come to you until after then.
2. All taking part know zero about braille now. They will be writing on a slate, which you know is hard, so expect errors, and do your best to interpret what the letter says.
3. They will learn the alphabet and basic punctuation, including the capital sign. Do not use any grade 2 braille at all in your response, as hard as that will be.
4. Consider going every-other line in your response as that might be easier for them to read. Also, use good quality braille paper to respond so they have every shot at getting this right.
5. Please write back as promptly as you can once you have received the letter. They will be like kids in a candy store waiting for your response!
6. Writing the letter to you is a post-workshop option. That means participants may end up not doing it. Do not take it personally if you don’t get a letter.

Thanks. Let me know if you have any questions. I so appreciate your help with this.

Kathy Nimmer