[nobe-l] (no subject)

Amanda Matheny mommyzhuuraan at gmail.com
Fri Jun 8 21:06:48 UTC 2012

Hi Liz, I have used JAWS 13 with blackboard and it seems to work.
There's a few quirks, like on the file upload screen but they can be
overcome. It just takes a little patience. I thinkt here is a link to
a non-java based uploader or something like that if I remember
correctly that works.

I haven't actually tried NVDA with Blackboard, but it might be worth
exploring. I agree about universal access. The interesting thing is
that NVDA was just a glorified Narrator just 5 or 6 years ago, but now
it's creeping up to on par with commercial screen readers, and is just
as good if not better on some things.

I wish you the best of luck in your teaching goals, and have similar
ones myself. Planning to get my Bachelor's ASAP.