[nobe-l] The Praxis

Danielle Shives shives1 at myactv.net
Wed Nov 14 02:14:58 UTC 2012

Hi, Elizabeth,
I have taken several Praxis tests and will try to help you out on practice materials. I'm not sure what medium you use; I took the tests in braille but am not familiar with any braille prep materials. If you go to the Educational Testing Services website, (the people who provide the praxis tests) www.ets.org, and select the praxis test you will be taking, there are many preparation resources available. There are free materials, such as sample questions and study guides, and there are also e-books that you can purchase and download that have entire sample tests and other helpful material. I actually bought a print study guide and scanned it into my Kursweil program for one of my tests, but I also found the study materials provided by the ETS website to be very helpful. The website can also help you find which tests your state requires, as well as information about getting accommodations and other information you may need if you have not yet looked into all of that. I hope this helps.
Danielle