[nobe-l] re praxsis

Sara Rooz sararooz at gmail.com
Wed Nov 14 18:28:27 UTC 2012

Hi Elizabeth:
What a terrific question you ask. i can only share with you how I prepared for my state's teacher's exam upon going for my special education degree as well as how i prepared for my teaching exam when pursuing my degree as a certified teacherof the blind and visually impaired. In my state, any general education teacher and special education teacher needed to take two tesst to receive their license. The firs ttest was known as the ATSW Assessment of Teaching Skills Written and the second test was LAST Liberal Arts and Sciennce TEst. Since i was able to receive my special education license prior to 2004 I was able to teach all grade leveels. Regarding the practice tests for oth above mentioned tess tI received sample questions for each test in print and used my stand alone reading machine to scan the questions and saved the questions as a txt file to read on my note taker. To prepare for my content specialty test to become a certified teacherof the blind and visually impaired i also received the sample questions in print and scanned the questions into my stand alone reading machine and saved the file as a txt file soI could read on my note taker. The only advice I can suggest for yourpraxsis exam is to try to get the questions off your state's education site and since it's a foreign language copy the examples to a microsoft word document and download a demo version of duxbury that supports translating french braille. I hope my idea assists you.
Sara Rooz
Dually certified special education teacher grades k-12 and certified teacherof the blind and visually impaired in new york city grades k-12