[nobe-l] class project?

Jewel herekittykat2 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 29 18:01:12 UTC 2013

Hi,
You might consider including information about the Hadley School for
the Blind's parent courses. While they are obviously directed toward
parents, the information in the courses for working with young blind
children would be equally helpful for caregivers and childcare
providers, in my opinion.

A few books that I think are worth looking at:
*Insights from the Blind, by Selma Fraiburg
*Independent Movement and Travel in Blind Children: A Promotion Model,
by Joseph Cutter
*The Blind Preschool Child, by Berthold Lowenfeld
*Essential Elements in Early Intervention: Visual Impairment and
Multiple Disabilities, by Deborah Chen
*The Effects of Blindness and Other Impairments on Early Development,
by Zofja S. Jastrazembska
*Early Focus: Working With Young Blind or Visually Impaired Children
and Their Families, by Jessica S. Lambert

Note: All of the books listed above can be found in the Bookshare.org library.

Another great resource is the Blind Babies Foundation, whose website
is found at:
http://blindbabies.org/

I also think the Future Reflections magazine is a great resource
(found on the nfb.org website). They always have interesting articles,
and you should definitely consider looking through the archives, as
there are past articles that are really good information about working
with a blind baby or preschooler.

That's just some of what's out there, of course, but I hope this gives
you a starting point. Good luck with your class project!

Yours,
Jewel