[nobe-l] Another new member introduction

CityNet Customer dlmillette at friendlycity.net
Sun Jan 19 00:45:01 UTC 2014

Hi!  My name is Denise Millette and I am from Georgia.  I am in my
last semester of my Master's program to become a TVI.  I am doing my
practicum and would like to get some advice and ideas from those who
have experience in the field.  I have a couple of students learning
keyboarding skills.  They have a program that helps teach a couple of
letters/keys at a time but what techniques have any of you used to
make sure they are utilizing the correct finger positioning?
Any advice on good OCR software for paperwork?
I am also interested in any other good resources for visually impaired
teachers specifically those working with students with visual
impairments.
Thanks in advance!
Denise