[nobe-l] Another new member introduction

Amanda S Sterly amanda.s.sterly at wmich.edu
Sun Jan 19 01:06:17 UTC 2014

Hi Denise
I am in my last semester of the vrt masters program at western michigan university. I am also teaching keyboarding. I have used talking typer a program from aph to know if they are getting the correct key i explain where the keys are located on the keyboard. Teach the home row first and use bump dots when needed this can also be used as landmarks to make it easier to locate keys. As far as ocr programs go the one that i am somewhat familiar with is kerswhile. Not sure if i spelled that right. Also i have just used a computer scanner and screen reader. I hope i have helped. U know i am in the feild of teaching adults and not children but i do know that tvi's take some of the same classes as us so dont hesitate to ask any questions to me.
Amanda

Sent from my iPhone