[nobe-l] need advice

Kathy Nimmer via nobe-l nobe-l at nfbnet.org
Sat May 24 20:14:26 UTC 2014

Hello,
  To me, it is not even about what the accommodation was or how essential it
was. The point is that they agreed to it, and that means they should have
abided by that agreement. Even if the speaker was presenting a topic that
was less intricate, if they said they would have the info for you, they
should have had it. I think it is time to consult outside sources as if you
do nothing, you are silently condoning their behavior and letting them set a
precedent for future meetings. If you stay with the same path you followed
before, you are looking at a probable extension of your frustration time
with little hope that things will turn out differently. That is not good for
your confidence and performance, especially because this evaluation beast is
a tricky, tricky thing that can easily overwhelm. I have taught in the same
school for twenty-two years, and while my administration has changed, I
luckily have felt no change of support along the way. I anticipate probably
finishing my career in this school, and I hope that this consistency will
remain for the ten or so years I have left. I'm sorry that has not been your
experience, Nicole. Let us know what you end up doing.

Kathy Nimmer
"Why should your heart not dance?" C.S. Lewis