[nobe-l] How AMC Stole Christmas

Kelly Thornbury kthornbury at bresnan.net
Sat Dec 26 00:32:08 UTC 2015

Perhaps this a difference between you and me, I wouldn’t have to know how they do it, I know how I would suggest they do it so it’s easy to understand the differences and markings. I also know how I would ask them to mark the equipment in such a way that I would know instantly before the show if I had the equipment I needed. I know I wouldn’t solely rely on the judgement or blindness skills of a sighted person to best determine the accommodations for my blindness. If training or refreshers are required more than once I offer that. Can’t tell you how many sessions I’ve had now with local iPhone sellers on VO.

I truly feel bad for the original posters experience, I really do, but sometimes we can’t just ask for the accommodations, we need to be pro active. Not just “complain” about their training inadequacies but truly offer a solution; a method that they just may not know. All I’m saying is that if it’s not working they just might need some suggestions.