[nobe-l] How AMC Stole Christmas

Sharon Dudley sharon.a.dudley at gmail.com
Sat Dec 26 15:18:05 UTC 2015

Followup this morning. AMC called us, insisted we asked for the wrong
thing, as if a blind person doesn't know what equipment to ask for. I am
certain what I asked for, demonstrated the cane, said I was blind, and
described the function of the device I needed in detail. The caller denied
being there, denied remembering me, but then was able to tell me that she
heard the conversation and insist she she knew what I asked for. When we
said it was a training issue, she got offended, said we were insulting her,
and threatened to terminate the call. I took Kelly's advice and tried to
educate and to explain the difference to her. I was polite through the
entire thing trying to deflect blame from the person I was talking to up to
the obviously insufficient training process, but the caller would not
accept that AMC had erred in any way. So, if they didn't steal Christmas,
they did give away our business. We are never going back there.

Sharon Dudley, NBCT