[nobe-l] blind nanny in training

Michelle Creedy michelle.creedy at gmail.com
Wed Jul 22 18:02:40 UTC 2015

Kayla, have you ever thought of doing childcare in your home as someone
suggested? What about teaching or running a preschool? You might want to
look at situations where kids are being home-schooled as well. Perhaps
helping a family who specifically has a blind child and is looking for
someone who can be a mentor to them. I managed to find a paid position
working with some blind children who are being home-schooled.

Keep talking Kayla. You'll get lots of ideas this way. Remember, we're not
saying that it is impossible to be a blind nanny, it's just that society has
such messed up expectations of the blind that it will be a hard road to
travel. You may want to think of some other options as well.

Michelle