[nobe-l] tutoring ESL clients

Ashley Bramlett bookwormahb at earthlink.net
Mon Jul 27 23:43:48 UTC 2015

Hi Kelsey,

Thanks for the tips.
I like the idea of looking for youtube clips.
I also think writing the vocab on the braillenote and then sending it to the
client Is a good idea. Students need
to see the words as they study and say them.
I also think they need to see something as we work together though. I'm
thinking of having pre made flash cards or writing it down  as we work. I
have low vision so I could write a few words down and be able to read them.
But the challenge is I cannot write in a straight line, at least not
completely straight. I could use bold lined paper I suppose, but I'd rather
not. I'd rather
just use standard paper  because they can look at it easier without those
lines.
Hmm. maybe a ruler to keep straight would work.

Lots of listening and conversations should be helpful which requires no
accomodations.

Ashley