[nobe-l] Questions from a beginning teacher

Craig Cooper craigcooper2013 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 30 02:09:28 UTC 2015

Greetings,
In about three weeks, I will begin my first year of teaching.  I will
be teaching Language Arts and U.S. History to juniors, in a nearby
public high school.
I have a few questions, as I think about setting up my classroom.
1.  As I understand it, there is no technology that will read
handwritten assignments.  So, if students submit work, in this format,
I will need sighted assistance to read these.  Am I correct?
2.  Does anybody have experience in working with document cameras,
projectors, and interactive whiteboards?  Do you prefer one device
over another?  I will be working with sighted students, so I want the
best experience for them, while allowing me to use the device
effectively.
3.  Finally, I will be teaching six classes, ranging from 25-30
students per class.  Do you have any tips, suggestions, and
recommendations for helping me quickly learn 150 voices and names?
Thank you in advance.
Sincerely,
Craig Cooper