[nobe-l] resume question

Craig Cooper craigcooper2013 at gmail.com
Sun May 17 20:13:53 UTC 2015

Greetings,
I am in the process of finalizing my resume, in preparation for
applying for teaching positions.
My question is: should I include my association with the NFB on the
resume?  Since I am a local chapter president, I would think that
would show leadership qualities.  However, I do not want them to
assume things about blindness, before I can get to the interview
stage.
One of my cooperating teachers did mention my blindness, in his letter
of recommendation.
I have been student teaching, and believe that I can answer their
inevitable questions, as to how I can do the job.  However, I don't
want misconceptions to prevent me from reaching the interview portion
of the process.
Thank you in advance for your thoughts and experiences.
Sincerely,
Craig