[nobe-l] resume question

Karen Palau kapa3960 at verizon.net
Tue May 19 16:09:38 UTC 2015

Here are some quick thoughts:

1.  good mobility skills
2.  locate the main office and sign in as independently as possible, which
may include logging into a computer website that monitors attendance
3.  access to a lesson plan left by absent teacher
4.  note taker available
5.  time piece
6.  be prepared to make supplies available as needed by students--pencils,
markers, crayons, paper, etc.
7.  introduce yourself to many important staff in the building such as
department heads, CSE chair, secretary, principal, assistance principal,
students, etc.
8.  establish a hands-up policy immediately with students
9.  create a quick game to learn student voices
10.  a school  aide can probably be used for a few of these tasks so that it
won't be looked at as a hardship for the district to provide a full-time
aide
11.  set up a 504 accommodation plan with the district to identify the
minimal assistance that you will require to get on-board so that the
district will not make assumptions about your abilities/disabilities

Karen