[nobe-l] Skills for blind substitute teacher

J Acheson listsetal at aol.com
Tue May 19 23:26:20 UTC 2015

First of all, let me say thank you for the ideas thus far. Also thank you so much for not blasting me for not changing the subject line.

As stated earlier, I am attempting to compile a list of suggestions for any totally blind person who seeks to be a substitute teacher. This could involve showing up at a new, unfamiliar school and not knowing ahead of time what grade or subject for which you may be responsible.

Think of suggestions into main areas: 1. Skills and items needed. 2. Techniques for monitoring and controlling student behavior.

Again, thank you for your suggestions!