[nobe-l] Tech question

Kathy Nimmer goldendolphin17 at hotmail.com
Wed May 27 13:18:16 UTC 2015

Fellow educators,

  Would anyone with this knowledge please reply off-list to me at

Goldendolphin17 at hotmail.com <mailto:Goldendolphin17 at hotmail.com>

As Indiana Teacher of the Year, I'll be the first reader and judge of the
next applications for the 2016 INTOY. These are 21-page portfolios that are
scanned PDFs. I am wondering what the best way is to access info in a
scanned PDF. My experience with PDFs is not very positive, but I assume
there is a way to get around the graphic nature of a scanned PDF so that the
screen reader does not just announce graphics or empty document. I'll have
80 or more of these documents to read, so I welcome your help. Thanks.

Kathy Nimmer and Elias