[nobe-l] Introduction and Advice for Student Teaching

taranabella0 at gmail.com taranabella0 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 4 12:35:17 UTC 2016

Hi Ashley,
Thank you so much for the advice. Through my experiences in the classroom so far, I have worked out a system where I assign one student to be my caller. I usually assign students who are having trouble paying attention or who do not raise their hand very often because it keeps them engaged. As far as readers, my university has an excellent disability services office and they provide readers for my situation. I would definitely look into finding a school that might provide that service when considering grad school. If this isn't possible, you might talk with someone at a local church or place an ad. Other blind teachers have told me that sometimes older adults who are retired will offer to do something like this as volunteer work to keep busy.
Best of luck!
Tara

Sent from my iPhone