[nobe-l] Converting PDFs

Szostak, Christine szostak.1 at buckeyemail.osu.edu
Mon Feb 8 21:30:54 UTC 2016

Hi,
  If you have access to JAWS, I think it started with version 12 or 15, you can run the OCR converter and it will convert it  to a readable format. Then just copy the output into a txt or similar file.

  To do this:

1)  Open the .pdf file.
2)  While in the file press insert with space.
3) Press  o to bring up the OCR converter.
4)  Press d to convert the file. It will take a few minutes.

  Once  the file has partially been converted, a window will pop up that will contain all that has been converted. At the  bottom of the window, if it is still converting, it will say something like conversion in progress, or something to that extent.

  Once finished, just hit  copy, open up  notepad or other app that can save as .txt, hit paste, and then just save wherever you like. Hope that helps!
Have a wonderful week all!
Chris

Dr. Christine M. Szostak
Assistant Professor of Psychology