[nobe-l] perky duck

Kelsey Nicolay kelseynicolay1989 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 10 02:55:28 UTC 2016

Hello,
I am taking Hadley's Transitioning to Unified English Braille
course.  My instructor told me that I could use Perky Duck to
complete my assignments.  However, I am having issues getting it
to work correctly.  When I type in contracted Braille in Perky
Duck, everything is coming out as computer Braille symbols.  For
example, when I entered my city name, I got m dollar sign 9 a
when using contracted Braille.  I did not want to submit that
assignment since it did not look right to me on my Braille
display.  JAWS does not read text when in Perky Duck, so the only
feedback I get is from the Braille display.  I send this
assignment in hardcopy Braille, but I would like to be able to
submit electronically.  Therefore, has anyone who uses Perky Duck
run into this problem with contracted Braille not displaying
correctly on a Braille display? If so, how do I solve this issue?
Thank you,
Kelsey Nicolay