[nobe-l] Introduction and Advice for Student Teaching

taranabella0 at gmail.com taranabella0 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 22 21:24:35 UTC 2016

Hello all,
My name is Tara Abella and I am currently a college Junior double majoring in elementary education and special education. My goal upon graduation is to teach in a General education setting containing students with and without disabilities. I am excited to announce that I will very soon be receiving my student teaching placement which will likely be in a classroom like the one I just described for next spring. I was wondering if anyone had advice for planning for student teaching or student teaching itself. Based on the experiences I have had in classroom so far, I know I will need a reader, copies of the textbooks that the classroom teacher commonly uses, and to contact my classroom teacher about labeling and such. Any additional advice would be greatly appreciated. I hope everyone is having a wonderful spring semester!
Tara