[nobe-l] guide dogs

Catherine Mendez caitryl at gmail.com
Sun Nov 27 04:28:19 UTC 2016

Greetings all,
I hope everyone had a safe and happy Thanksgiving weekend.

Just a reminder. This list is specifically dedicated to content regarding working in the education profession as blind people.

While I think many of us can relate to and sympathize with your concerns regarding commuting with your guide dog (I know I had many similar problems when I traveled with a guide dog), I would like to suggest that you error your concerns on the national Federation of the blind guy dog users list serve. I have included the link below.  I know that the NFB has been working with Uber for the past several months to help eliminate some of these issues, and it is important to share the kinds of experiences you were talking about, in order to make sure that ride services like Uber are forced to comply with the law. The Guide Dogs list would probably be the best place to do this.

http://www.nagdu.org/

Best of luck,
Cayte Mendez
President, National Organization of Blind Educators
A Division of the National Federation of the Blind