[nobe-l] When to Start Applying

vparadiso92 at gmail.com vparadiso92 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 26 16:40:37 UTC 2016

Hi Tara,

Congratulations on being almost done with school. You must be excited. Personally, it's never too soon to start looking for opportunities. But I would agree that beginning in the winter semester seems a little soon. Remember, when you go on interviews you want to be able to show the potential employer the work you have done. You want to have experience in stories to share. And it wouldn't hurt to have actual student work to back up what it is that you're saying. I began looking for work at the beginning of the summer and was employed by Midsummer. But I had looked in advance to see what it was that I wanted. You don't want to just except any position. You want to make sure that wherever it is that you work is somewhere you really want to be every day. Where your strength and your interest lie. Don't settle!

Warmly,

--
Valeria