[nobe-l] question about teaching

Catherine Mendez caitryl at gmail.com
Wed Oct 19 23:51:08 UTC 2016

Hi Jackie,

I'm so glad that you reached out to the national organization of blind educators list serve. Have you had an opportunity to visit our website?

Www.blindeducators.org

Some of the questions that you posed to the list can be answered there, in our "how do I?" Section.

I am a first grade teacher in New York City. I am blind, and taught eight years in kindergarten and four years in first grade, all with sighted  students.  On our educators website you will also find a link to an article that I wrote, called "life lessons from a tree" which details my experiences as a beginning blind teacher in New York City.

I hope that we can help support you as you pursue your dream of becoming an educator.

Sincerely,
Cayte Mendez
President, National Organization of Blind Educators
A Division of the NationAl Federation of the Blind