[nobe-l] using exit tickets in the classroom

Chopper Johnson chopper992 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 3 03:25:02 UTC 2016

Craig:

I love exit slips (with my geography classes, I had them do a very short
writing at the beginning of class, too, as an intro to the lesson), and I
tinkered with using Forms for web quests and such (positives, answers are
all in one place, easy to compare answers among students, no lost student
papers; negatives, it can be tough to grade, when you're using a 20-to-30
answer web quest, and you don't have a physical item to hand back with a
grade on it).

My two questions would be: are you confident in the accessibility of Google
Sheets, especially if you want to immediately check before you dismiss your
kids; and what is you contingency is a kid doesn't have a phone (or doesn't
have it on them/charged at the time?). The second is solved easily if
you're in a tablet-based school, though.

Let us know how it works.

-- Chopper Johnson

Edgar "Chopper" Johnson
epjohnso at g.cofc.edu <epjohnso at edisto.cofc.edu>