[nobe-l] Writing on the board

Heather Field missheather at comcast.net
Thu Jan 26 12:18:50 UTC 2017

Hello Jasmine,
Although the foam letters are a good way for a blind person to learn their
print letters, it isn't necessary for a blind teacher to actually write on
the board, since there are plenty of alternatives.
While they can work to use with individual students, these letters aren't
large enough to ensure that all the students can easily see them, especially
those sitting toward the back of the room. Furthermore, since they're not
magnetic, it isn't possible to arrange them on the board since they don't
stick.
Best,
Heather