[nobe-l] I would welcome your thoughts on cell phone procedures

Smith, Pauline L PSmith4 at dmc.org
Tue Jun 13 19:47:20 UTC 2017

Craig and Others,

It will make you feel better to know that this is an issue in programs that train blind/visually impaired adults as well.  We encounter numerous instances of students using their cell phones or other portable devices while in class.  There are clear rules in our Rights and Responsibilities handout about mobile device use.  Most follow the rules, but enough students don't.  This does cause class disruptions.

We tell students to treat their training as if they were at a job.  So even adults don't always follow the rules.

Pauline Smith, TVI
Braille Instructor