[nobe-l] I would welcome your thoughts on cell phone procedures

Kathy goldendolphin17 at hotmail.com
Sat Jun 10 21:39:13 UTC 2017

And that, Lisa, is pretty close to what I actually do myself. I ask that they are put away, but I also know that they are not away for everyone always. Making it in the students' court and their responsibility and a battle that I don't often address is freeing to a degree, and it generally works with my upperclassman Who know that they are responsible for their choices and for the content. The management system, canvas, that we use has a cell phone app that I encourage the students to have; thus, they can use their phones or the laptops they are provided by the school. Most cell phone stuff is not immensely distracting to other kiddos as it is such a small, personal device, and while I never feel perfectly content with how I handle phones, I haven't met a cited teacher who feels perfectly content about it either. I do demand that everything is off the desk and all bags and purses up against the wall when they are taking a test. This minimizes the chance of cheating on cell phones, though it certainly doesn't exclude the possibility.

Kathy Nimmer
Even in the valleys, keep believing in the mountains.