[nobe-l] Upcoming conference call

Catherine Mendez caitryl at gmail.com
Mon Apr 2 16:48:16 UTC 2018

Greetings all!

On Sunday evening April 15th, 2018 the National Organization of Blind Educators  will hold our third division-wide conference call, which will be open to all blind educators—that is, people who are blind and either working in or studying to work in the field of education.  Our membership includes classroom teachers, professors, teachers of blind students and administrators.  The call will last for approximately an hour, beginning at 8:00pm eastern time.

During our previous division-wide calls, we discussed accessible digital classroom resources, exit slips and non visual checks for understanding, strategies for proctoring exams, classroom management, and non- visual techniques for identifying signs of student injury or self-harm that does not take place under our classroom supervision.

We would like to ensure that the content of this upcoming call will be as useful as possible to everyone attending.  Therefore, we are requesting that those interested in participating do two things.

1.        First, please send me an email off-list at caitryl at gmail.com, with the subject line “conference call”. About a week before the call, I will send out an email to everyone which will include the phone number and instructions for signing onto the call.

2.       Second, in the body of your message, please offer any suggestions you may have about topics to discuss on the call.  We can’t promise we’ll get to everything, but if we know what you’re interested in discussing, we can plan our adgenda with that in mind.

 We look forward to hearing from you all!

Sincerely,

Cayte Mendez

President, National Organization of Blind Educators, a division of the National Federation of the Blind