[nobe-l] OCR device for non pc users

Ashley Bramlett bookwormahb at earthlink.net
Mon Feb 12 00:31:09 UTC 2018

Hello all,

I’m posting this to a few lists, so sorry if you saw this before.

I tried to train a person voluntarily on the pc but she could not feel the keyboard well enough and could not press keys together to execute commands; she had decreased sensativity in her hands making this hard for her.

This individual needs and wants to read her own mail, pleasure books and more.

What devices are out there which are simple to use with spaced apart buttons for scanning and reading which are  not dependent on a pc?

I know the Hymns product the Blaze EZ  can scan and read documents. However, I know this device is too small for this person.
I am thinking the Sara from Freedom scientific might be a good fit. Any others? What about the Eye pal?
Please provide some description of the device and the pros and cons of it.

Thanks.

Ashley