[nobe-l] Is braille overrated?

roanna bacchus rbacchus228 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 18 14:34:33 UTC 2018

Dear Educators,

On Tuesday while my Dad was at work he met a blind student who
came into the Cashier's office to pay his tuition.  This student
told my Dad that braille is overrated.  He tells people that
braille is overrated, but he did not use it much in college.
This gentleman uses Jaws most of the time.  Since he does not
know braille, I'm not sure how he submits his work or takes class
notes.  I believe that all blind children should learn to read
and write braille.  What are your thoughts on this?

Sincerely,

Roanna Bacchus