[nobe-l] Looking for Suggestions: Moon Project for Next Year's BELL Program

Kendra Schaber redwing731 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 23 01:07:02 UTC 2018

Hi all!
 Do you mean, Orieo cookies? That’s one way to show the phases of the moon. I didn’t think of using Orieo cookies. I’d probably use the regular ones because of the visual colors because the inside is white like the moon and the outside is black like outerspace. I also have an swell form picture of the quorter moon that I got at Youth SLAM in 2007 when I attended it in Baltimore, Maryland. I can also bring that as well to show the kids what swell form printing is all about. When I first touched swell form pictures at Youth SLAM, I didn’t let the teachers of the star party where I touched them hear the end of my questions about it until they told me that they’d explain all about it at the end of the party. I don’t know if those moon globes at our closest science musium shows the craters on the moon but if not, does anyone have ideas on how to show off the lunar craters?

Thank you for taking the time to read this Email!
Blessed be!!!
Kendra Schaber
Chemeketa Community College,
350 Org,
Citizen’s Climate Lobby,
National Federation of the Blind of Oregon,
Capitol Chapter,
Salem, Oregon.
Home Email:
Redwing731 at gmail.com
Chemeketa Community College Email:
Kschaber at my.Chemeketa.edu
Phone:
971-599-9991
“When the student is ready, the teacher will appear”, Author unknown.
Sent from my iPhone SE.
Sent from my Gmail Email