[nobe-l] Looking for Suggestions: Moon Project for Next Year's BELL Program

Kendra Schaber redwing731 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 23 00:50:25 UTC 2018

Hi Tina and all!
 So far, I have suggested a few ideas but not on this list. I have suggested landing a modle of the Lunar Excertion Moduler on the moon modle that we saw when we were hunting for mountain modles last spring. I know it’s not as acurite as landing the modle on a map of the Sea of Tranquillity on the moon but as far as I know, it’s the best one that we can get our hands on. The feeling of the lunar excertion modle on this modle of the moon’s sourfice is at least an example of what it would feel like at least tactily of what it would look like when one of these modles lands on the moon. I have thought of showing what the modles of the space craft and space equipment that Neal Armstrong and his crew used through these modles is the best way, yes, even better than Space Camp of what they look like. I have been to Space Camp and gotten some of my ideas there. I have also thought of showing how long one of the Sateran 5 rockets is like through having one person stand at where one of each of the stages ends and the next one begins and the same for the capsil. When I pulled this one off at Space Camp, we stood as close to a real Satern 5 rocket as the roped barriers would allow and each person got to say what stage they were standing next to in order to show by sound how long they actually are. I don’t know if we’ll be able to pull it off without knowing the location of the BELL program is because I don’t know how long the hall way that we walked down at View Plus is. If it’s not long enough, we can’t pull it off. Mind you, this kind of rocket is as tall as a Red Wood tree which is usually in the 300 foot range for an adult Red Wood tree. The younger ones are smaller than 300 feet which would be expected because they are trees that are still growing. I have also brainstormed things like showing off the differences between what ten pounds would feel like on earth VS. ten pounds on the moon. True, I can’t borrow the spot where they demonstrate what the moon’s landscape feels like to walk on nor the one sixth gravity chair that I got to experience at Space Camp but I’m sure that we could show these things off in the ways I have listed in this Email.

Thank you for taking the time to read this Email!
Blessed be!!!
Kendra Schaber
Chemeketa Community College,
350 Org,
Citizen’s Climate Lobby,
National Federation of the Blind of Oregon,
Capitol Chapter,
Salem, Oregon.
Home Email:
Redwing731 at gmail.com
Chemeketa Community College Email:
Kschaber at my.Chemeketa.edu
Phone:
971-599-9991
“When the student is ready, the teacher will appear”, Author unknown.
Sent from my iPhone SE.
Sent from my Gmail Email