[nobe-l] Newly vision impaired and technology teacher

sarah at sarahblakelarose.com sarah at sarahblakelarose.com
Mon Sep 3 19:47:46 UTC 2018

Hi, Ren.
What types of technology are you responsible for teaching? What is the age/grade range of the students you are working with? Are you still able to see the screen at all? Finally, have you received any training in the use of adaptive technology or did you have prior knowledge in this area before losing your sight?
Please pardon the questions in return but this really impacts how you will approach your job and how you will succeed in it. For some people this would not be the best reassignment. I'm sure you are aware that many people are teaching thair subjects without their vision. I hope that your reassignment is one that you feel considers your best skills as well as your loss of sight.

Rev. Sarah Blake LaRose
http://www.sarahblakelarose.com
Accessible instruction in Biblical languages