[NOBE-L] Jaws question

Kathy goldendolphin17 at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 3 00:18:07 UTC 2019

Teacher friends,

I have converted from Window Eyes to Jaws. I’m actually doing better than I thought I would after using WE for several decades, but I have a particular action I need to take with some data that has shown me Jaws does not behave the same way Window Eyes did. Explanation below.

The new teachers I support in half of my hybrid job are being listed with their school and subject on a Google sheet. Last year, I selected all of each teachers information in the row of that sheet, pasted it into a word doc, and rearranged it. Window Eyes allowed me to do that without a problem; it did not carry over any table features in the pasting, just some extra tabs that I could easily delete. However, when trying it with Jaws, the pasting retained the table format, and I could not figure out how to get rid of that table format. I could not manipulate the info. Four instance, the Google sheet has last name in one cell and first name in the next cell; even when pasted into the word doc, I could not figure out how to maneuver that information with any copy/paste attempt.

If anyone has any clue what I am saying, please help! I doubt this email will rank among my most articulate messages!

Grace and Peace,

Kathy Nimmer and Nacho

“No matter where you are, no matter how difficult things might appear to be, you are always being moved toward magnificence. Always.” - Author Unknown