[nobe-l] Setting Up Our Lesson

Tina Hansen th404 at comcast.net
Fri Jun 14 03:49:24 UTC 2019

Many of you know we're in the final stages of getting our Apollo 11 lesson
ready for this summer's BELL program in our state. I know we have 3
experiments, including comparing the size of the earth to the moon, orbits,
and craters. We also have time built in for the students to look at props
and models. However, I'm wondering how we can set up the lesson and
introduce it.

I'm thinking of asking the students something about travel and how far
they've traveled. However, I have a few questions. I want to keep the setup
time short, especially since last year, the main instructor took almost 20
minutes to introduce the lesson. I also don't want to lecture them, since
they'd probably be turned off. Yet I'd like to keep it between 5 and 10
minutes. Does anyone have any advice on this one? Thanks.