[nobe-l] message about braille coloring books

emily zitek emilyzitek at gmail.com
Thu May 23 01:27:49 UTC 2019

I have been asked to distribute the following message.  If you can
help, please respond to Emily directly, as she is not subscribed to this list.

Dave

In the late 1980s, my mother ordered three braille coloring books for
me from a place that used to be called The Guild for the Blind in
Chicago, along with a book called "So What About Drawing."  I already
have "So What About Drawing."  However, I have been looking for anyone
who might have coloring books by Marie Porter, especially the ones
described below, so that I could either borrow or purchase them in
order to make copies of the drawings.  All the books by this author
had pictures that can be drawn with the Perkins Brailler.  The first
coloring book had tactile Christmas drawings, such as an angel, Santa
Claus, and a stocking, and instructions on how to color them.  The
second book was an Easter coloring book that had tactile drawings of
an Easter egg house, an Easter basket, bunny rabbits, and a baby
chick.  If I remember correctly, the third coloring book was called
"Bears For All Reasons" and had tactile drawings of bears riding a
bike, sleeping in a bed, in running shoes, in a birthday cake, etc.
All of these books were by a lady named Marie Porter, who has passed
away, and The Guild for the Blind no longer has copies of these books.
If anyone knows how I could get a hold of these books, please e-mail
Emily Zitek at emilyzitek at gmail.com.  Thank you.

---
https://www.avg.com