[NOBE-L] Help managing displayed content on a Mac

Chase Crispin chase.crispin at gmail.com
Tue Dec 8 23:10:37 UTC 2020

Hello,

My school district uses Macs exclusively. I am trying to figure out the best
way to control which windows are visible on my projected screen and which
windows are visible only on my computer. The sighted teachers in my building
use extended display to show a video or presentation on their projector,
while attendance, email, grade book, etc are only visible to the teacher.
They move windows between the displays by simply dragging them from one
display to another. Have any of you managed this independently with Voice
Over? How do you keep track of where each window is visible? My work around
so far this year has been to use my school computer for presenting and my
personal laptop for attendance, email and grades, but I would like to
condense this to one machine if I can. We have remote learners on Zoom
simultaneous with in person students, so I need to be monitoring the Zoom as
well. Again, my work around has been to present from my work computer, then
inviting my personal Zoom to the meeting so I can chat and admit people from
my personal computer, but this adds time and complexity. If you have any
ideas I'd love to hear them.

Thanks,

Chase Crispin