[NOBE-L] Article about cuts to school funding

Kathy goldendolphin17 at hotmail.com
Wed May 27 01:42:49 UTC 2020

Hello,

I just read the article linked below. It is certainly ominous about funding shortfalls for schools in the coming year due to the virus shutdowns and continuing concerns. Those of you who are teaching, I wonder if you have seen any early signs of budget concerns in your school or district. Ours with 20 schools has posted perhaps a fourth of new staffing positions compared to previous years. This is an attempt not to need to RIF anyone by instead hiring conservatively. S ome retirements are not being filled, and even in schools growing in population, new positions are few and very far between. That is all I have tangibly noticed here thus far. Here is the article:

https://www.npr.org/2020/05/26/858257200/the-pandemic-is-driving-americas-schools-toward-a-financial-meltdown?utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=npr&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_term=nprnews

Grace and Peace,

Kathy Nimmer and Nacho

“No matter where you are, no matter how difficult things might appear to be, you are always being moved toward magnificence. Always.” - Author Unknown