[NOBE-L] Article about cuts to school funding

nmpbrat at aol.com nmpbrat at aol.com
Wed May 27 04:56:53 UTC 2020

Hi Kathy,Thanks for sharing!  I had not read this particular article.  My district is much smaller than yours but we are seeing a similar trend of conservative hiring.  We have not heard of any kind of RIF at this point and I would know early on, as I teach directly with and am friends with our union president.  Our district may weather the storm better than some, as a couple years ago, our district made a difficult decision to close several buildings in hopes of helping the overall budget.  As a result, we went into the pandemic with a pretty good surplus.  However, I'm sure that will quickly disappear with the challenges the pandemic is creating.  This article definitely predicts a grim picture.  I hope the schools can get some help at some point.
Stay safe everyone,Nicole