[NOBE-L] Licensing exam

Jackie Larrauri ixchel.jackie.larrauri at gmail.com
Thu Nov 5 02:36:51 UTC 2020

Hi Tara,
I know this message was sent months ago, but I wanted to share my experience here in case others are having the same experience.
I had started working on arranging my accommodations for testing in July and was told that a program coordinator would reply to me within one week. I got sick in July and did not call back until August, at which point I was told that my accommodations, testing preferences and locations, and other relevant information were being written down and sent to a program coordinator since the first coordinator was on vacation.
I kept calling every two weeks since I was told to give them that amount of time due to the virus. I called diligently every other Friday and was not able to schedule an exam until the end of September or the beginning of October, I don’t quite remember which. I was told that the reason for the delay was because D program coordinator had left unexpectedly and they were not aware the coordinator was handling my case and so had not called me. Even when my exam was scheduled, I was not able to find a slot until December because the university I attend is not a registered accommodation center.
I have also been trying to schedule two other exams with the ETS company and it took two months to get the first exam scheduled. The second exam that I need is not even in braille yet, so I do not have a date for taking that exam yet. This is all just so frustrating and should not be the case because as you said, a cited or non-disabled teacher would be able to schedule their exam in 10 minutes and find more dates and times seeing as some exams are being offered at home, and there are more locations offering dates But not wanting the in person accommodations for people needing a reader or scribe.

Sent from my iPhone