[NOBE-L] Conducting functional vision assessments via distance

Patrick Ward b.pat.ward at gmail.com
Fri Nov 6 19:24:56 UTC 2020

hello all,
I am writing because I am presented with a bit of a problem I have never conducted functional vision assessment via distance. I would do them in person but due to personal health issues of mine and family members I do not feel comfortable conducting them in person at this time because of COVID-19.  My district had offered a solution of hiring an additional teacher of students with visual impairments to assist with assessments.  They were able to find someone to fill this role, but due to my district being reluctant  to pay the teacher the first month salary of $144 the new teacher in question left the district at once.
So, I am reaching out to all of you to see if any of you have any solutions suggestions or resources. Any help you could give would be greatly appreciated. If you would like to reach me off list please feel free to email me at b.pat.ward at gmail.com

Patrick Ward

Teacher of Students with Visual Impairments AUSD