[NOBE-L] Read aloud in the primary grades

Jackie Larrauri ixchel.jackie.larrauri at gmail.com
Sun Oct 25 20:56:04 UTC 2020

Hello,
I was wondering how those of you who teach in the primary grades prep -3 handle readalouds such as when teaching a math, literacy, or other lesson and introducing it with a book, such as “I wanna iguana” or “Spookly the Square Pumpkin”?
I’ve done shared reading in the past where all students followed along on their own copies while the main classroom teacher or I displayed the book on the document camera, but I’ve not done a read aloud as described above.
Thanks in advanced,
Jackie