[NOBE-L] Tips for student teaching

Jackie Larrauri ixchel.jackie.larrauri at gmail.com
Sun Oct 25 21:00:25 UTC 2020

Hello all,
I am looking for any tips you all might have about how to make my student teaching experience the best it can be? I want to make sure I’m successful in my two placements this coming semester so am looking for any advice you all might have from your experiences.
Here are some ideas I have about making it a success:
Communicate with the teacher as early as possible (depending on when my state gets me my placement of course as they have been known to get these out late)
Prepare my own lesson materials as much as possible as most materials are not accessible since they’re pictures
Ask about technology used in the classroom as some are not accessible such as seesaw
Braille student names for attendance tracking
Make computer data sheets, student lists, and any other important information
Thanks in advance,
Jackie